2bacco is committed to compliance with privacy laws which apply to its businesses and which set out standards for the management of personal information.
We describe below::
- the kinds of personal information we collect and How we collect it;
- how we hold that personal information;
- the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose it;
- your right to access and seek correction of it;
- who we share that personal information with and for what purposes; and
- the data we collect from use of our digital services, including the our website and mobile app.
By using our websites and/or providing information to us by other means, you consent to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy. In some circumstances, if you do not provide us with information we may not be able to provide certain goods or services to you.
In this policy, references to “2bacco”, “us”, “our” or “we” are references to 2bacco Limited.What types of personal information do we collect and how do we collect it?
The types of personal information we collect and hold include:
- name, contact details such as email, address and telephone number, age details. We collect this information through the registration process that you complete to registered as a user of our website;
- details of your transactions with us, such as the date you purchased, how much you spent, your payment method and what you have bought. We collect this information as a result of you login to our website or using mobile app when making a purchase;
- records of your communications and interactions with us in relation to the products and services that we provided, such as when you communicate with 2bacco customer service team via phone or email; and
- details of the communication preferences you have given us, such as whether you are opted in to receive new product launch emails that permitted by law.
Without this personal information we may not be able to provide certain benefits and services to you, such as:
- allocating to you to purchase products from our website;
- keeping your 2bacco user details updated and secure;
- sending you offers that may be of interest to you.
When you visit our website or use our mobile application we may collect information using technology which is not apparent to you (such as “cookies”). ‘Cookies’ are small pieces of information sent by a web server and stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive so it can later be read back from that browser. This allows your browser to remember some specific information. Our cookies enable us to store items in your shopping cart and to identify you on return visits. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that. However, while most of the content of our website can be viewed without accepting cookies, the shopping facility feature of the site will not function properly when cookies are disabled.How and for what purposes do we use personal information?
We use your contact details, your personal information to verify your age and deliver the goods that you purchased from our website.
We may use such information about you to provide marketing communications and targeted market research. You can opt out of receiving offers from us anytime. There are a number of ways you can opt out.
- if you have been emailed an offer, you can reply the email to unsubscribe;
- by logging into our website, going to My Account, selecting What Is New options and checking your preferences;
We may use your contact details, information about your shopping with us and other types of information about you that we hold (as described above):
- to facilitate the delivery of goods purchased by you;
- to verify your age (It is against the law to sell or supply tobacco product to, or to obtain tobacco product on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years.);
- to conduct product and market research for us, our suppliers and other businesses that contracted with us;
- to carry out data analytics services for the purpose of providing insights and aggregated data (i.e. data that cannot be linked to an individual) to us, our suppliers and other organisations;
- to maintain and update our records; and
- to deal with enquiries from you.
We may share personal information with some of our trusted suppliers and market research companies and providers of data analysis, data augmentation or data washing services in connection with us.
We may share your personal information with a provider that is located in a country other than New Zealand, where we have made a business decision to use a trusted overseas based service provider that is in the business of providing data storage and/or data processing services (for example, the service provider that hosts our website database).
We ensure that any time we share personal information with our suppliers, market research companies, we do so securely and we take steps to ensure that all our suppliers, market research companies with whom we share personal information agree to protect the privacy and security of your personal information, destroy that data when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was supplied to them and use that data only for the purposes for which it is disclosed.
From time to time we may share your personal information in other circumstances where we are specifically allowed to under the Privacy Act 1993 (for example, in cases where the Police ask us for information to assist with its investigation of an alleged criminal offence).How do we hold personal information?
We take data security very seriously. We have in place rigorous data security policies and practices aimed at mitigating the risks of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or wrongful alteration of, personal information held by us.
We take measures to destroy or anonymise personal information held by us if we no longer need to use it for any lawful purpose.
We are dedicated to keeping your 2bacco user details safe and secure from scams and fraud. If you are ever in any doubt about the authenticity of any communications that are or seem to be from 2bacco please immediately email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a copy of the email in question.Data collected in relation to digital services
We provide products and services through a range of digital and online services, including the 2bacco website, social media channels like Facebook, and the 2bacco app.
Our systems record a variety of information in relation to interactions with the 2bacco website and the 2bacco app. This can include information about software versions used, device types, device identifiers (like IP address), location data (where available and not disabled by the user),dates, times, file metadata, referring website, data entered, and user activity such as links clicked.
From time to time we may use your data to target you through social media channels, like Facebook. In this case, we match encrypted (hashed) email addresses with encrypted Facebook data to identify a match in a secure environment. The hashed data is deleted as soon as the match is complete and never kept or used by Facebook or shared with any third party.
Some information we collect in relation to our digital services is not related to an individual. In many cases, the information relates only to a device or is of an aggregated or statistical nature, and we will have no way of knowing the identity of the user. In other cases, we may associate information about your use of our digital services over time with your personal information, for example, when on any occasion you have logged in, followed a link sent to you by email, or we have otherwise been able to identify you.
Our online services may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of those sites and recommend that you review their privacy policies.Enquire, access, and feedback about your personal information
We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold (except in limited circumstances recognised by law). If you wish to access your personal information or have an enquiry about privacy, please contact us at: 2bacco.co.nz or by email to us on email@example.com
Last Update: December 2015